2019-2020 Australian Bushfire Relief
The 2019-2020 Australian Bushfire Season is an ongoing bushfire event in Australia that has burned an estimated 5.9 million hectares (15 million acres), destroyed over 2,500 buildings (including 1,300+ houses) and killed 19 people and over half a billion animals. It is the most widespread and destructive bushfire season in Australia’s recorded history.
As of January 1, 2019 the Victorian and New South Wales governments have declared a state of emergency.
How you can help:
- To help with the relief and recovery efforts made possible by the Red Cross, click here.
- To help the NSW Rural Fire Service, you can donate by clicking here.
- Help the Country Fire Association of Victoria by clicking here.
- To donate to the Food Bank to help provide food to those in need, click here.
- To help wildlife victims from the fires, donate to WIRES by clicking here.
- The Salvos are assisting with medium and long-term disaster relief, support them by clicking here.
- Wikipedia – 2019-20 Australian Bushfire Season
- Please check citations for accurate information.