Version 201002 Highlights
- We’ve introduced the ability to associate Code LX files with GameOn Developer Toolkit. To do this, once you’ve installed the update, you can double click on any existing .CLX, .LXC or .LXManifest files and you should see GameOn Developer Toolkit in the programs list of compatible programs. Please note that if you open a file using this method, the debug skip load option will not open the file. You must wait for the splash screen to initialise.
- If you don’t see it, you can click “Look for a program on your PC” and navigate to the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RWE\GameOnDev\
- And select “GameOnDev.exe” – this is the main executable
- We’ve added a new recovery mode. If you’re having issues with GameOn Developer Toolkit, then you can either:
- Navigate to the Program Files Directory (listed above) and find the shortcut named “Launch in Recovery Mode”or
- Copy or type the following text below into your start menu, or create a new shortcut on your desktop with the following specified location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\RWE\GameOnDev\GameOnDev.exe -recovery
- We’ve added a new “Settings” tab to the backstage menu of the Project Editor.
- This means you no longer need to exit the application to access settings. We’ll be moving settings here over time, but there’s an “Advanced Settings” button for you to get to them for now.
- We’ve also added a brand new theme engine. As much as we’re excited that you like the new look of the project editor, we’ve heard that some of you miss the classic colour palette, so we’re going to bring that back as an option. We hope to offer themes to users in the near future.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Performance enhancements.