As we bring the first month of 2020 to a close, we feel like it’s time we give our GameOn testers and greater community a roadmap for what you can expect with GameOn including it’s applications for versions 20x. This roadmap should be taken at face value, especially the dates included, as these are only estimates.
Q1 and Q2, 2020
includes GameOn Driver and Launcher
|2001||The Security Update||January 14, 2020|
|2002||January 27, 2020|
|2003||The Consistency Update||February 6, 2020|
|2004||February 10, 2020|
|200205||February 26, 2020|
|200301||The Home Update||March 1, 2020|
|200302||March 18, 2020|
|200401||The Great Bug Squash of 2020 (Update)||April 1, 2020|
|200402||April 20, 2020|
|200403||April 23. 2020|
|200501||The Refinement Update 1||May 7, 2020|
|200502||May 13, 2020|
|200503||May 28, 2020|
|200504||June 20, 2020|
We will announce and publish our roadmap for Q3 and Q4 of 2020 later down the update production. Please find attached a brief overview explaining the update titles:
- The Security Update – The security update aims to bring more security features to the GameOn application suite. We started this with version 2001 which added new sign in options to GameOn.
- The Consistency Update – The consistency update will see the applications become more consistent. This will include streamlining the experiences of all GameOn products. Some of our priorities include making all icons used in the application suite uniform and consistent as well as giving a consistent settings experience and navigation experience through all applications.
- The Home Update – The home update will see improvements and expansions for GameOn Home.
- The Great Bug Squash of 2020 (Update) – The great bug squash of 2020 will aim to squash as many bugs as possible – don’t expect any new features during April, we’ll be tackling everything under the hood for this update.
- The Refinement Update 1 – The first refinement update (there are plans for others) will aim to refine the application in hopes that we will be able to bring it out of Beta by 2021/2022. This will be the first phase of that daunting task.
We’re also doing a couple of other things in Q1 and Q2 of 2020 which are not directly involved with the software engineering of GameOn but are still related to the product. These things include:
- Introducing a new GameOn Tester Dashboard. You can get started with our new GameOn Tester Dashboard now, at http://dashboard.gameondriver.com/
- Phasing out our dependency on the RWE Network.
- Improving GameOn Launcher Packages to take up less network bandwidth and PC space, making them faster to retrieve.
- Some secrets related to GameOn Vibe.
- Establishing some new technologies for existing systems that power the GameOn experience.
Thank you all for a very interesting 2019, and here’s to an even more eventful 2020.